- Speech Title exactly as it to be printed: “Address of the President of the United States at the Celebration of the Semicentennial of the Founding of the City of Birmingham, Alabama.”
- Exact Date and Place of Speech Delivery: 26 October 1921. Wilson Park, Birmingham, Alabama.
- Complete Name of Speaker, with year of birth and year of death: Warren Gamaliel Harding (1865-1923).
- Complete name of editor or compiler of electronic text, with indication of role: Trevor Parry-Giles, compiler and editor.
- Date of electronic edition: 2019.
- Languages: English (100%).
- Library of Congress Classification: F334 .B6U6.
- Indication of editing functions performed: Trevor Parry-Giles, transcribed version from speech transcript, April 18, 2019; Trevor Parry-Giles, proofread edited electronic text, April 18, 2019.
Bibliographic List of Sources:
Harding, Warren G. “Address of the President of the United States at the Celebration of the Semicentennial of the Founding of the City of Birmingham, Alabama, October 26, 1921.” Washington, DC. Government Printing Office, 1921. [=A]
Statement of Editorial Procedures:
The copy-text is Harding 1921 [=A], a government reprinting of the final speech. This selection was made based on the plausible efficacy of the United States government in reprinting Harding’s exact wording of the speech. No other versions of the speech were recovered.
All paragraphing, capitalization, spelling, use of italics, use of quotation marks (or lack thereof), and hyphenation of words (or lack thereof) are consistent with the copy-text.
Paragraph numbers have been added in square brackets.
The text of this edition has been thoroughly checked and proofread.
All double quotation marks are rendered with “, all single quotation marks with apostrophe ‘.
This copy text is not subject to end-of-line hyphenation.
Special characters and characters with diachronic marks: none.
Departures from the copy-text and general editorial procedures: none.