- Speech Title as it is to be printed: “Address to the Nation on Civil Rights.”
- Exact Date and Place of Speech Delivery: 11 June 1963, White House, Washington, D.C.
- Complete Name of Speaker, with year of birth and year of death: John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917—1963).
- Complete name of editor or compiler of electronic text: Garth Pauley (compiler and editor).
- Date of Electronic edition: 2021.
- Languages: English (100%)
- Library of Congress Subject Heading: United States–Race relations–History–20th century.
- Indication of editing functions performed: Garth Pauley, data entry and proof-reading of electronic text, 9 July 2021.
Bibliographic List of Sources:
John F. Kennedy, Radio and Television Report to the American People on Civil Rights, 11 June 1963, Sound Recording, White House Audio Collection, Series I: White House Audio Recordings, 1961-1963, WH-194-001, John F. Kennedy Library, https://www.jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer/archives/JFKWHA/1963/JFKWHA-194-001/JFKWHA-194-001. [=A]
John F. Kennedy, Radio and Television Report to the American People on Civil Rights, 11 June 1963, Archives, John F. Kennedy: Speeches, John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, https://www.jfklibrary.org/
Statement of Editorial Procedures:
The audio recording of Kennedy’s address was copy-text A. The editor compared the audio file [=A] with the written transcript of Kennedy’s address available at the JFK Presidential Library [=B]. The editor followed copy-text B for paragraphing and punctuation. .
Paragraph numbers have been added in square brackets.
The text of this edition has been thoroughly checked and proofread.
All double quotation marks are rendered with “, all single quotation marks with apostrophe ‘.
This copy text is not subject to end-of-line hyphenation.
The departures from the copy-text and general editorial procedures are as follows: The editor capitalized words and spelled out numbers in accordance with the recommendations of the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition.