Bibliographic List of Sources:
Reagan, Ronald. “Remarks at a United States-France Ceremony Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-day, June 6, 1984.” Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Simi Valley, California. Video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Leb7ynduCU (accessed October 12, 2015). [=A]
Reagan, Ronald. “Remarks at a United States-France Ceremony Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-day, June 6, 1984.” The Public Papers of President Ronald W. Reagan. Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1984/60684b.htm (accessed October 12, 2015). [=B]
Additional Information for Authenticated Text:
- Speech Title as it is to be printed: “Remarks at a United States-France Ceremony Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-day”
- Exact Date and Place of Speech Delivery: June 6, 1984 in Omaha Beach, Colleville Sur Mer, France
- Complete Name of Speaker, with year of birth and year of death: Ronald Wilson Reagan (1911-2004)
- Complete name of editor or compiler of electronic text, with indication of role: Allison M. Prasch (editor)
- Date of Electronic edition: 2015
- The copy-text is Reagan 1984 (=A), a video recording of the delivered speech. This selection was based upon the plausible efficacy of the delivered speech and the large number of viewers of the speech and subsequently in various venues. Reagan 1984 (=B) is followed for paragraphing and punctuation. Video recording of the text as delivered (=A) has been collated with the electronic text (=B) and thoroughly proofread. Departures from the copy-text and general editorial procedures are as follows:
- Paragraph 7: surely liked looked (now reads) surely looked like
- Paragraph 13: a con community decad dedicated to (now reads) a community dedicated
- Paragraph 17: inaudible (now reads) Thank you.
- Normalization of the text: N/A
- All double quotation marks are rendered with “, all single quotation marks with apostrophe ‘.
- This copy text is not subject to end-of-line hyphenation.
- Indication of the languages in which the speech is expressed: English 100%.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings:
- General Level: “Political Science”
- Special Level: “Presidents-United States-messages”
- Library of Congress Classification: E877
- Allison M. Prasch, data entry and proof-reading of electronic copy-text, 7 October, 2015; Allison M. Prasch, collation of video copy-text with other versions, 12 October 2015; Allison M. Prasch, proofreading of edited electronic text, 12 October 2015.