Bibliographic List of Sources:
Lewis, John. “Speech at the March on Washington.” 28 August 1963. Video recording received from the office of Representative John Lewis. [=A]
Lewis, John. “Text of Speech to be Delivered at Lincoln Memorial.” 28 August 1963. Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee Papers, Martin Luther King, Jr. Library and Archives. [=B]
1. Speech Title: “Speech at the March on Washington”
2. Date and Place of Delivery: 28 August 1963, Lincoln Memorial, Washington, D.C.
3. Speaker: Lewis, John Robert (1940 — )
4. Name of editor of electronic text: Garth Pauley
5. Date of Electronic edition: 2010.
6. Languages: English (100%)
7. Library of Congress Subject Heading: March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, Washington, D.C., 1963. E840.8.L43A3
8. Editing functions performed: Garth Pauley, data entry and proof-reading of electronic text, 1 July 2010
Statement of Editorial Procedures:
The copy-text is Lewis (=A), a video recording of the delivered speech.
Lewis (=B) is followed for paragraphing and punctuation.
Paragraph numbers have been added in square brackets.
The text of this edition has been thoroughly checked and proofread.
All double quotation marks are rendered with “, all single quotation marks with apostrophe ‘.
This copy text is not subject to end-of-line hyphenation.
Departures from the Copy-Text and General Editorial Procedures