Bibliographic List of Sources:
Truman, Harry S. “Address Before the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, June 29, 1947.” The University of Virginia Miller Center. https://millercenter.org/the-presidency/presidential-speeches/june-29-1947-address-naacp (accessed June 8, 2017). [=A]
Truman, Harry S. “Address Before the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, June 29, 1947.” The American Presidency Project. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Wooley. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=12686&st=&st1= (accessed June 8, 2017). [=B]
Additional Information for Authenticated Text:
- Speech Title as it is to be printed: “Address Before the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.”
- Exact Date and Place of Speech Delivery: June 29, 1947 at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- Complete Name of Speaker, with year of birth and year of death: Harry S. Truman (1884-1972)
- Complete name of editor or compiler of electronic text, with indication of role: Allison M. Prasch (editor/transcriber)
- Date of Electronic edition: 2017
- The copy-text is Truman 1947 (=A), an audio recording of the delivered speech. This selection was based upon the plausible efficacy of the delivered speech and the official nature of the recording. Truman 1947 (=B) is followed for paragraphing and punctuation. Audio recording of the text as delivered (=A) has been collated with the electronic text (=B) and thoroughly proofread. Departures from the copy-text and general editorial procedures are as follows:
- Paragraph 20: “This step, which others—with others which will follow” now reads “This step, with others which will follow”
- Normalization of the text: N/A
- All double quotation marks are rendered with “, all single quotation marks with apostrophe ‘.
- This copy text is not subject to end-of-line hyphenation.
- Indication of the languages in which the speech is expressed: English 100%.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings:
- General Level: “Political Science”
- Special Level: “Presidents-United States-messages”
- Library of Congress Classification: E813-817
- Allison M. Prasch, data entry and proof-reading of electronic copy-text, 8 June 2017; Allison M. Prasch, collation of audio copy-text with other versions, 8 June 2017; Allison M. Prasch, proofreading of edited electronic text, 8 June 2017.