Bibliographic List of Sources:
- Bush, George H. W. “Speech at PSU.” September 23, 1992. Penn State University Archives, Special Collections Library, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University. Video Tape Recording. [=A]
- Bush, George H. W. “Speech at PSU.” September 23, 1992. George H. W. Bush Presidential Library, Office of Speechwriting, Series: Speech Files, Backup, Chron. Files, 1989-1993, Box 180, Folder Penn State University 9/23/92 [OA 7564], College Station, Texas. Text. [=B]
Statement of Editorial Procedures:
- The copy-text is Bush 1992 (=A), a video tape recording of the delivered speech, transcribed by Sandra French and Sara Ann Mehltretter. The transcription is exactly as the speech was given, with utterances and misspeaks preserved for authenticity.
- Bush 1992 (=B) is followed for paragraphing, spelling, and punctuation.
- Audience responses have been added in parenthesis from the video tape recording audio.
- Paragraph numbers have been added in square brackets.
- The text of this edition has been thoroughly checked and proofread.
- All double quotation marks are rendered with “, all single quotation marks with apostrophe ‘.
- This copy text is not subject to end-of-line hyphenation.
- Special characters and characters with diachronic marks: None.
- Departures from the Copy-Text and General Editorial Procedures:
- Departures from the copy-text and general editorial procedures are as follows (reference numbers specify paragraph in which the departure occurs):
- Paragraph  and  were not on the video due to a film error. Therefore, Bush 1992 (=B), the official version of the speech from the Bush White House, is used as the copy-text for paragraphs  and .